DUM METHI MURGH WITH RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
Serving - 4
More than 40 mins
- 750 grams chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces on the bone
- 2 tbsps dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 2 tbsps oil
- ¾ cup yogurt
- 1½ tbsps garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1¼ tsps garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1½ tbsps Bengal gram flour (besan)
- ½ lemon
- 2-3 green chillies, slit
- ¼ cup Rainbow Evaporated Milk
- Whole wheat flour dough for sealing
- Onion rings for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Take yogurt in a large bowl and add garlic paste, ginger paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add onions to the hot oil and sauté till golden brown.
- Add gram flour to the yogurt mixture and whisk well. Squeeze lemon into it and mix well. Add chicken. Mix till well combined.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves and mix.
- Add green chillies to the onion mixture and mix. Add chicken with the marinade and ½ cup water. Mix well and cook till the chicken is ¾ cooked.
- Add Rainbow Evaporated Milk and mix. Cover the pan with a lid and seal with dough. Cook on dum till chicken is cooked completely.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with onion rings and mint sprig. Serve hot.