MALPUA WITH RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
Serving - 4
From 20-40 mins
- 1 cup refined flour (maida)
- A large pinch of baking powder
- 1 cup Rainbow Evaporated Milk
- Ghee for deep frying
- Sugar syrup as required
- A large pinch of saffron
- Dried rose petals for garnish
- 8-10 pistachios, blanched, peeled and slivered
- Readymade rabdi for drizzling
- Silver varq for garnish
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Take refined flour in a large bowl, add a pinch of baking powder, ¾ cup Rainbow Evaporated Milk little by little, whisking continuously till it forms a smooth lump free batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a shallow wide pan, and heat sugar syrup in a deep pan.
- Add a little water to the batter, if needed, to adjust the consistency and mix well. Add saffron to the sugar syrup and mix.
- Pour small portions of the batter into the hot oil and spread it slightly to make mini malpuas. Deep-fry, turning sides, on medium heat, till golden brown on both sides.
- Drain the malpuas and soak them in the sugar syrup for 10-15 minutes. Press gently so that they are completely immersed in the syrup.
- Drain the malpuas from the syrup and transfer onto a serving plate. Garnish with dried rose petals and pistachios. Drizzle rabdi on top and apply silver varq.
- Dust icing sugar on top and serve warm.