SHAHI MURGH MASALA WITH RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
Serving - 4
From 20-40 mins
- ½ cup Rainbow Milk
- ¾ cup cashew paste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Whole spices: 2 cinnamon stick, 5 cloves, 10 black peppercorns, 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1kg boneless chicken thighs, 2 inch pieces
- Heat a heavy based pan and add ghee. When it melts, add the whole spices and sauté on medium heat till fragrant and a shade darker – about 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook on medium till golden. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the tomato paste and all the powdered spices and salt. Cook on medium heat till the oil separates.
- Now add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on high heat, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Then add 1 cup of hot water to the pot, stir well and cover. Reduce the heat and let simmer till the liquid reduces and the chicken cooks.
- When the gravy is thicker, add the milk and continue to cook till you get thick gravy.
- To serve: Heat on medium till hot – about 7 minutes.