Milk Cake with
Rainbow Evaporated Milk
Serving 6 - 8
From 55 mins
- 1 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 ½ TSP BAKING POWDER
- ¼ TSP SALT
- 5 EGGS (SEPARATE THE WHITES FROM THE YOLK)
- 1 CUP SUGAR, DIVIDED
- 1/4 CUP WHOLE MILK (FOR CAKE BASE)
- 1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- 340 G RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
- 400 G SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- ¼ CUP WHOLE MILK (ADDITIONAL)
- For the whipping cream topping:
- 475 G WHIPPING CREAM
- 3 TBSP POWDERED SUGAR
- ½ TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- GROUND CINNAMON, FOR GARNISHING
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES, FOR GARNISHING
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Separate the eggs into two separate bowls.
- Add ¾ cup sugar to the bowl with the egg yolks and mix on high speed until yolks are pale yellow. Add the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir gently just until combined (don't over-mix).
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites on high speed. Gradually add the remaining ¼ cup of sugar as you mix and continue beating until stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the batter gently, just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Make sure to smooth it into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes، remove from the oven and allow cake to cool completely.
- Combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk in a small bowl. Once the cake has cooled use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the top of the cake, making sure to pour near the edges and all around.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour or overnight, to allow it to soak up the milk.
- In the meantime, whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks. Smooth over the top of the cake. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Serve with fresh sliced strawberries.