Creamy Lentil Soup with
Rainbow Evaporated Milk
- 1 CAN RAINBOW EVAPORATED MILK
- 2 TSP OF VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 ONION, CHOPPED
- 1 CARROT, SLICED
- 4 CUPS OF WATER
- 2 CUPS OF DRY RED LENTILS
- 1 TSP CUMIN
- 1 TBSP SALT
- 1 LOAF OF BREAD
- VEGETABLE OIL (TO FRY THE BREAD)
- CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY FOR GARNISHING
- Heat oil in a deep pot, add onions and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water and lentil to the pot and bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, salt and Rainbow Evaporated Milk. Cook for 3-4 minute then remove from heat.
- Cut the bread into small slices and fry in vegetable oil until golden
- Serve lentil soup with fried bread and garnish with chopped parsley